The Kogod School of Business has a long-standing partnership with SKEMA Business School, offering students a unique study abroad experience at their campus in Sophia-Antipolis, France. SKEMA is France's largest business school, with three campuses in France as well as locations in China, Morocco, and the US.
SKEMA's Sophia-Antipolis campus is located in the heart of Europe's largest technology park, boasting over 1,300 organizations, including companies such as Honeywell, Accenture, and Hewlett Packard. This allows SKEMA to infuse a practical application of management skills into their curriculum. Its international diversity (including students from over 40 nationalities) and geographic location on the French Riviera also offer tremendous cultural diversity and scenic beauty.
This program allows students to fully experience all aspects of a study abroad program - direct enrollment at a foreign university and cultural enrichment. Additional information for students interested in this program can be found on the exchange student webpage of SKEMA Business School's website.
AU students will take classes in the Bachelors EAI program, which includes courses in the fields of Business as well as Communications. Students have the opportunity to take core, specialization, and/or elective courses, and nearly all classes are taught in English. Sample course options (subject to change depending on availability) include:
- Advertising and Promotion Management (3 credits, equivalent to MKTG-412)
- Consumer Behavior (3 credits, equivalent to MKTG-301)
- Contemporary French Culture (3 credits, equivalent to SISA-213)
- Corporate Finance (3 credits, equivalent to FIN-365)
- Financial Markets and Institutions (3 credits, equivalent to FIN-464)
- Globalization and Development (3 credits, equivalent to ECON-361)
- International Business (3 credits, equivalent to IBUS-300)
- International Management (3 credits, equivalent to IBUS-402)
- International Marketing (3 credits, equivalent to IBUS-301)
- Introduction to Sport Management (3 credits, equivalent to MKTG-441)
- Management Information Systems (3 credits, equivalent to ITEC-200)
- Marketing Principles (3 credits, equivalent to MKTG-300)
- Organizational Behavior (3 credits, equivalent to MGMT-353)
- Photography (3 credits, equivalent to COMM-330)
- Production and Operations Management (3 credits, equivalent to ITEC-355)
- Writing for Multi-Media (3 credits, equivalent to COMM-200)
For a comprehensive list of courses, visit the course catalog on SKEMA Business School's website. You may also look at the course equivalency database for additional courses that have been pre-approved.
Because the majority of classes offered on this program are taught in English, this program is not suitable for students in the BLC French program. However, SKEMA is a wonderful option for students with limited (or no) French language experience. It is strongly recommended that students enroll in a French language course at the beginner, intermediate, or advanced level. In addition, students have the option to enroll in one or more of the various humanities courses SKEMA offers.
SKEMA is located in Sophia-Antipolis, France, 30 minutes from both Nice and Cannes on the beautiful French Riviera. The French Riviera is home to beautiful weather, varied landscapes, and 120 kilometers of Mediterranean coastline.
Sophia-Antipolis is in the heart of Europe's best known science and technology park, a landmark of science, invention, innovation, and research. It is home to over 1,300 companies in the fields of computing, electronics, pharmacology, and biotechnology. Companies include Texas Instruments, IBM, Air France, Intel, Thales Alenia Space, American Express, and Hewlett-Packard.
Most students chose to live in the nearby towns of Juan les Pins or Antibes (approximately 5 miles, or 8 kilometers away from campus) and accessible by bus or train.
Students arrange their own housing in France, using SKEMA Business School's database of over 1,000 lodgings, accessible via the school's website. Students typically live in Juan les Pins or Antibes in one of the many "residences" on the French Riviera, and commute to campus via train and/or bus. There are multiple student residences located in Sophia Antipolis within 20 minutes walking distance to campus as well. Estimated costs for room and board are approximately $1,000/month (in a shared apartment).
For any questions about this or other Kogod programs, please contact the Kogod Global Learning Office at email@example.com.