Study Abroad for Asian Studies Majors
NOTE--The list below contains recommended options only. Students are not limited to just these programs! For a comprehensive listing of options, complete university descriptions, and course listings, please visit AU Abroad brochure webpages.
- Generally, students study abroad between their second semester of sophomore year through their junior year. The decision when to study abroad should be made in consultation with the student’s academic advisor.
- Students need to let their academic advisor know as soon as possible about their desire to study abroad so they can meet to discuss their study abroad goals and how to fit this experience into their specific academic program and graduation requirements.
- Even after courses abroad have been equated to courses at AU, students must review final course selection with their academic advisors.
- It is recommended that students complete at least 80% of their general education requirements before studying abroad.
- It is recommended that students plan with their academic advisor to complete AU Core requirements on campus before or after studying abroad.
- Students are encouraged to take courses conducted in any Asian language (e.g. Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Chinese, etc.). Courses conducted in English have less flexibility in terms of where they can apply in the major but may still count.
- There are no limits of credits that can be applied to the major. The student, however, should receive approval from the academic advisor about how courses and credits may apply to the major.
- CET Beijing
- CET Shanghai
- Chengdu American Center for Study Abroad Program (g-MEO)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
- City University of Hong Kong (CityU)
- Buddhist Studies in India (Carleton Global Engagement)
- Manipal University (IFSA)
- Contemporary India - Pune (IFSA)
- Keio University (Tokyo)
- Nanzan University (Nagoya)
- Ritsumeikan University (Kyoto) – Administered by SIS
- Waseda University (Tokyo)
- Ewha Womans University (Seoul)
- Sogang University (Seoul)
- Korea University (Seoul) – Administered by SIS
- Yonsei University (Seoul)