Study Abroad for Psychology Majors
NOTE--The list below contains recommended options only. Students are not limited to just these programs! For a comprehensive listing of options, complete university descriptions, and course listings, please visit AU Abroad brochure webpages.
- Psychology students should study abroad during the junior year or first semester of the senior year.
- It is recommended that students plan with their academic advisor to complete AU Core requirements on campus before or after studying abroad.
- To receive psychology credit for any courses taken abroad, the courses must be pre-approved and in the AU Abroad Course Equivalency Database before you take them. Retroactive approvals will not be given. Should classes close prior to arrival at the host institution, you need to submit additional equivalency requests before registering for additional classes.
- Psychology majors can count up to 6 credit hours of pre-approved courses taken while abroad toward their major course requirements. Courses under consideration must be offered by the Psychology Department at the host institution.
- If you are in AU's premedical program, you can go abroad! Many programs offer courses on topical biomedical and health sciences subjects.
AustraliaPlease pay close attention to which science courses are offered each term as sequencing may be different than at AU in the southern hemisphere.
Copenhagen (DIS) *competitive program