Study Abroad for Asian Studies MajorsAU Abroad, in consultation with the Asian Studies Program, offers a selection of programs suited for Asian Studies Majors. These programs are recommended based on the academic quality of the host institution’s course offerings in your major.
Students are encouraged to take courses conducted in any Asian language (e.g. Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Chinese, etc.). Courses conducted in English have less flexibility in terms of where they can apply in the major but may still count.
There are no limits of credits that can be applied to the major. The student, however, should receive approval from the academic counselor about how courses and credits may apply to the major.
Below is a selection of highlighted study abroad options. Some options may have a language prerequisite. NOTE--The list below includes recommended options only. Students are not limited to just these programs! For a comprehensive listing of options, complete university descriptions, and course listings, please visit AU Abroad brochure webpages.
- Beijing Program
- Beijing Program - Language Immersion
- Chengdu American Center for Study Abroad Program (g-MEO)
- Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
- City University of Hong Kong (CityU)
- Buddhist Studies in India (Carleton-Antioch Global Engagement Program)
- Manipal University (Alliance for Global Education)
- Contemporary India - Pune (Alliance for Global Education)
- UW India - Varanasi (CET)
- Keio University (Tokyo)
- Nanzan University (Nagoya)
- Ritsumeikan University (Kyoto) – Administered by SIS
- Waseda University (Tokyo)
- Ewha Womans University (Seoul)
- Sogang University (Seoul)
- Korea University (Seoul) – Administered by SIS
- Yonsei University (Seoul)