Study Abroad for History Majors
NOTE--The list below contains recommended options only. Students are not limited to just these programs! For a comprehensive listing of options, complete university descriptions, and course listings, please visit AU Abroad brochure webpages.
- Generally, students study abroad between their second semester of sophomore year through their junior year.
- The decision when to study abroad should be made in consultation with the student’s academic advisor.
- It is recommended that students complete at least 80% of their general education requirements before studying abroad.
- Normally courses taken abroad must be listed as History or offered through the History department at your host institution abroad in order to qualify for History credit at AU.
- History majors can count up to 19 credit hours of courses taken abroad toward their major course requirements.
- UNA (IFSA-Butler) *please note that this program has a language pre-requisite*
- King’s College London
- London School of Economics
- SOAS, University of London
- University of Oxford - Lady Margaret Hall
- University College London
- University of Exeter