Study Abroad for Studio Art & Graphic Design Majors
NOTE--The list below contains recommended options only. Students are not limited to just these programs! For a comprehensive listing of options, complete university descriptions, and course listings, please visit AU Abroad brochure webpages.
- Generally, students study abroad between their second semester of sophomore year through their junior year. The decision when to study abroad should be made in consultation with the student’s academic advisor.
- It is recommended that students complete at least 80% of their general education requirements before studying abroad.
- Students majoring in Graphic Design are encouraged to study abroad during the fall semester of their Junior year or during the summer to maintain the proper sequencing of the coursework in the major. Students should discuss their study abroad plans with their faculty advisor and CAS counselor well in advance.
- Students majoring in Studio Art are allowed to take 6 credits of coursework abroad towards their major.
- University of New South Wales- Art programs on the Paddington campus
- University College London – Slade School of Fine Arts - Students choose to specialize in painting, sculpture or fine art media.
- Studio Art Centers International - Coursework in drawing, painting, fresco, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, art conservation and graphic design in Florence.
- Aberystwyth University - Coursework in drawing, painting, printmaking, and book illustration in a beautiful small college town in Wales.