Study Abroad for Political Science Majors
NOTE--The list below contains recommended options only. Students are not limited to just these programs! For a comprehensive listing of options, complete university descriptions, and course listings, please visit AU Abroad brochure webpages.
- Generally, students study abroad between their second semester of sophomore year through their junior year. The decision when to study abroad should be made in consultation with the student’s academic advisor. The decision when to study abroad should be made in consultation with the student’s academic advisor.
- Students need to let their academic advisor know as soon as possible about their desire to study abroad so they can meet to discuss their study abroad goals and how to fit this experience into their specific academic program and graduation requirements.
- Even after courses abroad have been equated to courses at AU, students must review final course selection with their academic advisors.
- It is recommended that students complete at least 80% of their general education requirements before studying abroad.
- The Department of Government allows up to six credits of approved GOVT coursework in the body of the major. Three credits of GOVT coursework can apply to the minor.
- Additional coursework in fields such as History, International Studies and Sociology may apply to the Major Related Social Science requirement. Please speak with your academic advisor to determine if this is an option for you.
- Clashes & Alliances of Mediterranean Civilizations Program *has language pre-requisite*
- Iberian Experience Program *has language pre-requisite*
- Summer Internship Program *has language pre-requisite*
- Universidad Católica Argentina *has language pre-requisite*
- Universidad Torcuato di Tella *has a language pre-requisite*
Santiago Program *has language pre-requisite*
- Copenhagen (DIS) *please note, this is a competitive program*
Rehearsing Change (Pachaysana Institute) *has language pre-requisite*
- BU London Internship
- IES London Internship
- King’s College London
- London School of Economics *academic year program only*
- Oxford University - Lady Margaret Hall *academic year program only; please note, this is a competitive program*
- SOAS - University of London
- University College London
- University of Exeter
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- University of Edinburgh *please note, the Scottish Parliamentary Program is a competitive program*
- University of Glasgow
- Yale-NUS College (more information coming soon)