Study Abroad for Art History Majors
NOTE--The list below contains recommended options only. Students are not limited to just these programs! For a comprehensive listing of options, complete university descriptions, and course listings, please visit AU Abroad brochure webpages.
- Generally, students study abroad between their second semester of sophomore year through their junior year. The decision when to study abroad should be made in consultation with the student’s academic advisor.
- It is recommended that students plan with their academic advisor to complete AU Core requirements on campus before or after studying abroad
- Students can take six credits towards the major requirements and three credits for minor requirements in Art History if they are at the 2XX or 3XX level.
- Clashes & Alliances of Mediterranean Civilizations
- Iberian Experience Program *has language pre-requisite*
- King's College London
- University of Exeter
- University College London
- SOAS - University of London - Special focus on African & Asian art
- National University of Ireland, Galway- Exploring the Indigenous Arts
- Trinity College Dublin - Home of the Irish Art Research Center
- American University of Rome
- John Cabot University
- Studio Art Centers International - Special focus on Renaissance art with a unique art conservation program.