Study Abroad for Public Health Majors
NOTE--The list below contains recommended options only. Students are not limited to just these programs! For a comprehensive listing of options, complete university descriptions, and course listings, please visit AU Abroad brochure webpages.
- The Public Health program recommends that Public Health majors study abroad during the second semester of sophomore year, junior year, or the first semester of senior year.
- Public Health Scholars are required to study abroad the Fall term of the second academic year.
- If you are interested in studying abroad, please let the Public Health programs director know as soon as possible so you can set up your schedule of classes that completes all the public health requirements and includes your study abroad experience.
- Public Health majors who are also on the pre-medical track cannot take any of their basic pre-med requirements abroad, but can take upper level biology, chemistry or physics courses as well as courses related to public and global health.
- There are no limits of credits that can be applied to the major. The student, however, should receive approval from the academic counselor about how courses and credits may apply to the major.
- Students cannot take the HLTH 480 Capstone while abroad.
- Santiago Program (Spanish Intermediate II - SPAN 253 or equivalent required)