Guidelines for All Majors
- Generally, students study abroad between their second semester of sophomore year through their junior year. The decision when to study abroad should be made in consultation with the student’s academic advisor.
- Students need to let their academic advisor know as soon as possible about their desire to study abroad so they can meet to discuss their study abroad goals and how to fit this experience into their specific academic program and graduation requirements.
- Even after courses abroad have been equated to courses at AU, students must review final course selection with their academic advisors.
- It is recommended that students complete at least 80% of their general education requirements before studying abroad.
College of Arts and Sciences Major Specific Advising Sheets
The following major specific advising sheets will help students determine the right study abroad program for their major. These guides have been created by AU Abroad in conjunction with the corresponding AU department.
- Art History
- Asian Studies
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Health Promotion
- Jewish Studies
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Performing Arts
- Pre-Medical Program
- Public Health
- Religious Studies
- Studio Art and Graphic Design