Study Abroad for Art Department Majors
AU Abroad, in consultation with the Department of Art, offers a selection of programs suited for Art History, Graphic Design and Studio Art majors. These programs are recommended based on the academic quality of the host institution’s course offerings in your major. In addition to the following programs, students can also explore other options through AU Abroad.
Students majoring in Graphic Design are encouraged to study abroad during the fall semester of their Junior year or during the summer to maintain the proper sequencing of the coursework in the major.
Below is a selection of highlighted study abroad options. Some options in Spain, France and Germany may require advanced language proficiency.
- Trinity College Dublin - Home of the Irish Art Research Center
- Studio Art Centers International - Special focus on Renaissance art with a unique art conservation program.
Studio Art and Graphic Design
- University College London – Slade School of Fine Arts - Students choose to specialize in painting, sculpture or fine art media.
- Studio Art Centers International - Coursework in drawing, painting, fresco, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, art conservation and graphic design in Florence.
- Aberystwyth University - Coursework in drawing, painting, printmaking, and book illustration in a beautiful small college town in Wales.